Registry editor can be say a very powerful tool of each and every window. Also by using it incorrectly, there must be a possibility of the serious damage to the windows working environment. So it is your first and foremost duty to protect it from the others and if you don’t know how to do that then need not to worry just follow these few steps in the following, this will learn you step by step how to allow an administrator to disable the Registry Editor.
- Press the windows key and then press R for opening up the Run dialog box.
- Then on the blank space of the dialog box type gpedit.msc and then hit enter. Then Windows Group Policy Editor will arrive in front of you.
- Now move your cursor towards User Configuration.
- Then expand Administrative Templates.
- In Administrative Templates move your cursor towards System command and select it.
- Now you will find each and every content of your system at the right hand side of your screen.
- Then scroll through the contents in order to open Prevent access to registry editing tools.
- Enable the prevent registry access command or option.
- If you do the previous properly any user including user is prevented from using the Registry Editor.
- So don’t waste your time just try this and enjoy.
[Note: This tricks only works in the following versions of the Microsoft windows such as —
Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 7 Professional, and Windows 7 Enterprise edition]