Alcohol and Demon tools can be referred as an excellent software packages that give the user the ability of mounting ISO files in its virtual CD-ROMs. But this technique is too much common and older too. Today I am teaching you another new technique mount ISO files without burning it to any disk.
Though I love the previous tools also but Microsoft has released a free only 60 kb program that is quite being able to do the same thing. Though it is true that it is not an easy as well as user friendly software like this two, but it also works freely.
- Download the software “winxpvirtualcdcontrolpanel” from anywhere and installed it.
- Go to the start menu.
- Open run command.
- In the blank space type “%systemroot%”.
- After that move your cursor towards system 32 folder and then drivers folder and open it.
- On the driver folder execute VCdControlTool.exe file.
- Next click on the “Driver control”.
- If there is any option named as “Install Driver” click it otherwise navigate to the following way-
- Then on that folder select VCdRom.sys and hit enter to open it.
- Next click on the “Start button”.
- Now click on the “OK” button.
- Next you will find an option like “Add Drive”, click on it to add a drive to the drive list.
- Then do select an unused drive letter from your drive list.
- After that click on the mount.
- Next navigate to the image file and select it and then click on the “OK” button.
- Now your image will successfully mount.
- So just try this and enjoy.